Engineering Design and Naval Architecture (EDNA)
Started in 1990, the division has expanded steadily to become the leading Naval Architecture Consultancy in the UAE, the Gulf and the Far East, serving government agencies and private companies globally, with New Builds and Major Conversion designs.
(For more information on sample New Builds please visit our EDNA New Builds page.)
The Division provides New Build designs to our clients, at competitive costs, across the full spectrum of all engineering fields. To meet this requirement, the Division employs fully qualified, experienced Naval Architects, Engineers and Draftsmen.
Our presentations are of the highest quality utilising the most advanced industry standard 2D and 3D ship design software to ensure accuracy and efficiency throughout the design process.
The concept designs for New Build as well as conversions are developed from the Client's basic operational requirements and develop into detail design drawings. Designs meet all Classification Society, Flag, IMCA and Oil Field requirements, integrating Client needs and cost effective, timely solutions.
The division undertakes specialised designs of all vessel types, from refits to over 100m new builds. We specialise in offshore support vessels including:
- Top Side Maintenance Vessels;
- Platform Supply Vessels;
- Well Test/Stimulation Vessels;
- Dive Support Vessels for the oil industry.
Examples of Henderson vessels and major conversions are sailing throughout the world.
The Henderson Range of Services:
- Concept design, project estimation, tender document development including outline commercial contract
- Detailed design and drawings meeting all major Classification Societies and Flag State requirements
- Production drawings, as fitted documentation and final drawings of the build
- Naval Architecture Services - intact and damage stability calculations, conducting lightship survey, inclining experiment, resistance and powering calculations, and structural analysis, including hull longitudinal strength etc.
- Marine Piping System Design in 2D and 3D
- Electrical Systems Design
- Preparation of Manuals - SOPEP, Cargo Securing Manual, FMEA for DP system, Garbage Management
- Site Supervision and Project Management on behalf of Owners
If you would like any more information please contact us